How to Handle Dental Emergencies
Our team will share tips on how to handle common dental emergencies. It’s essential to be prepared for unexpected and scary situations to save your teeth and avoid further complications.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies are situations that need urgent attention from a dentist to save a tooth, stop bleeding, or ease severe pain. Toothache, bleeding gums, and broken teeth are some examples of dental emergencies.
- Knocked-out teeth
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Abscessed teeth
- Soft tissue injuries, such as cuts or lacerations to the lips, tongue, or gums
- Severe toothaches
- Broken or lost dental restorations, such as fillings or crowns
Useful Tips For Handling Dental Emergencies
- If you knock out a tooth, try to put it back into the socket. If you can’t, put the tooth in a cup filled with milk or saliva and take it to the dentist. Remember, time is very important in this situation, so seek dental help right away.
- If you have a chipped or fractured tooth, first rinse your mouth with warm water and then apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. Take any broken pieces of the tooth with you when you go to the dentist.
- If you have a severe toothache, rinse your mouth using warm water and gently floss around the painful tooth. Do not put aspirin or any other pain reliever directly on your gums or tooth. Contact your dentist right away to schedule an emergency appointment.
- If you lose or your dental restorations break, such as a filling or crown, keep it safe and immediately contact your dentist to book an emergency appointment.
- If you have intense tooth pain, an abscessed tooth could be the cause. This is an urgent dental issue, which can lead to infection and other problems. It’s important to contact your dentist right away if you have symptoms such as fever or swelling.
- For soft tissue injuries to your lips, tongue, or gums, rinse your mouth with warm water and apply pressure using a clean cloth. If the bleeding is severe or persistent, seek medical attention immediately.
In case of a dental emergency, please contact our team without delay. We provide emergency dental services and are ready to assist you whenever you need us. Seeking immediate attention from a dental professional and taking swift action can help you preserve your teeth and prevent additional problems.